WHY YOUNG LIVING
Okay friends, listen up.
I am so crazy passionate about Young Living and I’m going to break it down for you!
The vast majority of essential oils on the market today are only suitable for cosmetics and perfumes. The reason Young Living’s oils are so different is their unmatched commitment to producing a pure, unadulterated oil. Young Living’s devotion to creating a highly therapeutic product means they’ve invested in their own farms, care for and nurture their own plants, trees, and shrubs, and finally distill, test, and bottle the oils that arrive on your doorstep.
I’ve seen this first hand at their Mona, Utah farm. Anyone can go visit a YL farm!
DO IT. It will blow your mind.
If at any point in the production process if something doesn’t meet their standards, they get rid of it and start again. Because of this, our favorite oils sometimes go out of stock… and we are happy about it! Because we love getting our oils from a company that doesn’t crank them out quickly in a lab to make a buck, but actually waits for the plants to grow (no synthetics) until the batch is perfect.
They accept nothing less.
No other company owns farms or distilleries. Repeat. NONE.
Let me give you an example of how important it is for a company to know the right time of day to harvest the plant and exactly how long to distill the plant to produce the chemical compounds the plant contains that is therapeutic to our bodies.
HERE’S AN EXAMPLE!
CYPRESS ESSENTIAL OIL: which has 280 known chemical constituents.
- If it is distilled for 20 hours you only get 20 properties.
- If distilled for 26 hours you get NONE of the properties.
- Most market cypress is distilled for 3.5 hours.
- The correct length of time for distilling cypress is 24 hours to get the full 280 properties.
If you want Cypress to do the job it is intended to do, you MUST get ALL 280 constituents, no more, no less. Most people do not realize essential oils have chemical properties in them and in order to get the full benefit out of that particular oil it has to be grown, harvested, and distilled the correct way or the oil contains no benefit to us.
This is called Young Living’s Seed to Seal® process. And it is unmatched. Every step from planting to bottling is detailed and controlled.
Check out this website for more information on the Seed to Seal® guarantee: http://www.seedtoseal.com/en/process
But Young Living is more expensive, right? You’re right, often times it is and, “you get what you pay for” has never been truer. Young Living is more expensive than other brands and oils you can find at Whole Foods or on Amazon because of its therapeutic grade. An ever-growing number of marketers have jumped on the essential oils bandwagon looking for an easy way to make a lot of money. Most of these oils are cheap imitations, purchased wholesale in large quantities, diluted with synthetic additives, and rebottled before being sold to you.
That’s not okay for us. We want the best for our families and we don’t want to “save money” short-term only to spend more long-term because we used something that didn’t do what it was supposed to and has then harmed us.
Some of the other companies may claim that their oils are organic. Unfortunately, the term “organic” is not regulated by the FDA in regards to essential oils. They do not certify or grade essential oils so any oil you see making those claims is simply using the word. They did not have to do anything to earn it. In order for any essential oily company to label their bottle with the words “pure, therapeutic grade,” the bottle only has to contain 5% of an essential oil – so what’s in the rest of the 95% of the bottle then you ask? We have no clue!
If you cannot walk onto your oil company’s farms and watch them distill their oils at their very own distilleries, then don’t use it. There’s a reason Young Living has been the world leader in essential oils for 25 years!